Churchill

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Saturday 12 February 2011

Never Too Old to Serve

Last year, my North London friend, Dougald McKeown, was called to serve in the primary at the age of 90. "It was a surprise to be asked but I've never turned down a calling in six decades. I am just pleased to be there. Of course, at my age, I'm pleased to be anywhere!" Dougald

Now 91, he’s been released from his Primary calling, but recently, LDS Church News printed an article about him.

Finding active Priesthood members in North London is not easy, so in addition to fulfilling his calling in Primary, Brother McKeown serves as a home teacher to several families.

Dougald exemplifies Psalm 92:13-14: "Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing."

When I grow up, I want to be just like Dougald McKeown!

No comments:

Post a Comment