Churchill

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Friday 4 February 2011

Those Soothing and Calming Jaredites

We had wonderful plans to have our flat professionally cleaned, (as required by the agency), and then inventoried before we depart on 23 March. But no, that’s not the way things are done. This week, I received an email which instructed me to have the cleaning and inventory done after we leave. I don’t think I  have been this upset for a long time.

Book of MormonI decided to open the Book of Mormon to the 14th Chapter of Ether. For those unfamiliar with this part of the story, the land is cursed, and wars cover the land, creating blood and carnage. It’s not a happy time for anyone. One would think that reading the end of the Book of Ether would be terribly depressing, and a terrible way to cheer up! Nevertheless, by the time I had completed Chapter 14, I was at peace with the matter. I know that things will be fine. It is interesting to me, that no matter where one begins to read in the Book of Mormon, the Spirit still finds a way to whisper peace to the soul; bearing witness in a wonderful way, that the Lord loves each of us, and is intimately concerned with our earthly affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment