Churchill

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Thursday 10 February 2011

Our Last Zone Conference

Renn PatchWednesday, it was our turn to have Zone Conference. I always look forward to these great meetings. They are like reunions, because we always see missionaries with whom we have served in the London North Ward, and in the Hyde Park Area – great men and women! They are spiritual feasts, for when President Patch speaks to us, we are always touched and inspired.

(Photo: President Renn  and Sister Deanne Patch)

In the morning session, the new missionaries spoke. While we were having lunch, Sister Patch said, “This is exciting, Elder Price. We are looking forward to hearing your farewell testimony in the afternoon session.” That’s when it hit me, and hard. This would be our last Zone Conference. It seems like I had just arrived, for I still remember the words I spoke at our first Zone Conference.

The soon to depart missionaries were asked to sit on the stand, Walking to our seats, I could barely control my emotions. Then we sang “Called to Serve”, and that hymn always puts mist in my eyes. Two young sisters and two young elders spoke first, and then Gerry, and I. We can’t be this far along  in our mission. Time has so swiftly passed, and I have grown so much. I will miss our mission and especially our association with  President and Sister Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment